It was my 38th birthday last week…which I thought meant I’m pretty much I’m halfway there. Not quite. According to this, my estimated expectancy is 99, with a 75% chance of getting to 90. Anyway. That IS an aside, I am droning on 😉 My wife got me a drone. It came as a box-of-bits from Ace Company in Rotorua.
I do not know a great deal about drones, but from what I gather this is a race drone: fast and light.
What’s in the box?
Box One (The Drone)
- Unassembled HyperLite EVO HD 5″ Frame (with 4mm Arms)
- 4# Brotherhobby Tornado T2 2206 2600kv motors
- 4# Spedix ES25A Speed controllers
- Revolt V3 Flight Controller
- HUB OSD8-SE X Type PDB/OSD current sensor
- FrSky XM+ Micro 16ch SBUS 2.4Ghz Diversity Receiver … Maybe? Except for mine just says XM (no plus) and it has one antenna, not the two shown in the photo
- 2# Hydra 1300mAh 14.8v Lipo Battery (4S). The battery in the link is 1500mAh, mine are 1300mAh
- Low Voltage Buzzer for 1-8s Lipo Battery
- Team Racekraft 5045 Tri Bluntnose Racing Props 4 pack (2CW, 2 CC)
- Some strap things – think they are battery straps.
- Various bits and bobs: heat-shrink tubing, nuts and bolts etc.
Box Two (Battery Charger)
Box Three (Remote Control Unit)
What’s not in the box(es)
- A list of what was in the boxes
- A camera – Zoe said that getting this kit-so-far nearly broke the bank.
Next Step: Build it.